Paradisi porta (Juan Escribano)
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2019-08-24). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 82 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch and note-values retained / Mensutrich barlines.
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-03-16). Score information: A4, 7 pages Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Original pitch. Original note values retained.
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2010-03-17). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 85 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: Paradisi porta per Evam
Composer: Juan Escribano
First published: c.1508 in Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, MS Capp. Sist. 46 [Rome]
Description: The only surviving source of this work is a hand-copied choirbook in the Vatican Library.
Original text and translations
Paradisi porta per Evam cunctis clausa est, et per Mariam virginem iterum patefacta est. Alleluia.
The gate of paradise through Eve was closed to all, and through the Virgin Mary again was made open. Alleluia.