The nightingale (Thomas Weelkes)
- Editor: André Vierendeels (submitted 2014-12-15). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 84 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Monique Rio (submitted 2017-01-18). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 223 kB Copyright: CC BY 4.0
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-28). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 26 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 1999-12-07). Score information: A4, 1 page, 63 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: in partbook format
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-07). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 25 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #11136, with corrections. Transposed down a major third. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Nina Gilbert (submitted 2003-10-13). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 80 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: transposed down a 4th. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: The nightingale
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
The Nightingale, the Organ of delight,
the nimble Lark, the Blackbird, and the Thrush,
and all the pretty quiristers of flight,
that chant their Music notes in ev'ry bush:
Let them no more contend who shall excel,
the Cuckoo is the bird that bears the bell.