- CPDL #21435: (Finale 2008)
- Editor: Joachim Kelecom (submitted 2010-04-13). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 162 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: original key, more suitable for ATTB. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- CPDL #21436: (Finale 2008)
- Editor: Joachim Kelecom (submitted 2010-04-13). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 160 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: transposed up a fourth, more suitable for SATB. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Salve virgo virginum
Composer: Jacquet de Mantua
Number of voices: 4vv Voicings: ATTB and SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
Original text and translations
Salve virgo virginum,
salve lumen luminum,
vale, dulce lilium.
Salve, mater pauperum.
Mater Christi, tu peperisti regem omnium:
gaude pura spes futura deprecantium;
tu in hora mortis nostrae ora Christum Dominum,
ne damnemur in aeternum.
Speciosa pretiosa lux errantium,
generosa, gratiosa sis in hac valle te laudantium
consolatrix et gaudium, apud Patrem et Filium.
Hail, virgin of virgins,
Hail, light of lights,
hail, sweet lily,
hail, mother of the poor.
Mother of Christ, you bore the king of all.
Rejoice, pure hope for the future of those who pray to you.
At the hour of our death, pray Christ the Lord
that we may not be eternally damned.
Beautiful and precious one, light to those who seek,
generous and gracious, in this vale of sorrows may you be
the consoler and joy of those who praise you,
before the Father and the Son.
Mother of God, remember me. Amen.
- Translation by Mick Swithinbank