Lord, enthroned in heavenly splendour (George Clement Martin)
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2019-01-14). Score information: A4, 1 page, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: As found in the New English Hymnal. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
External websites: http://www.embassysingers.de
Original text and translations
1. Lord, enthroned in heavenly splendor,
first-begotten from the dead.
Thou alone, our strong defender,
liftest up thy people’s head.
Jesu, true and living bread!
2. Here our humblest homage pay we,
here in loving reverence bow;
here for faith’s discernment pray we,
lest we fail to know thee now.
Thou art here, we ask not how.
3. Though the lowliest form doth veil thee
as of old in Bethlehem,
here as there thine angels hail thee,
branch and flower of Jesse’s stem.
We in worship join with them.
4. Paschal Lamb, thine offering, finished
once for all when thou was slain,
in its fullness undiminished
shall for evermore remain.
Cleansing souls from every stain.
5. Life-imparting heavenly Manna,
stricken Rock with streaming side,
heaven and earth with loud hosanna
worship thee, the Lamb who died.
Risen, ascended, glorified!