Construe my meaning (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-27). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 69 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. This edition follows the Denis Stevens edition (Penguin,1967) where bars 10-12 do not have a B natural in the Tenor, as implied by the unsigned error messages below. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 02/02/19.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-11). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 43 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 30 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Originally published as Consture My Meaning. NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vincent Carpentier (submitted 2004-07-15). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 56 kB Copyright: Personal
Title: Construe my meaning
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Published: 1598 in Canzonets to Four Voices.
Original text and translations
Construe my meaning,
wrest not my method,
good will craves favour,
witness the high God,
If I have meant well,
good will reward me,
when I deserve ill,
no man regard,
what shall I say more,
speech is but blasting,
still will I hope for life everlasting.