Come, ye faithful, raise the anthem (Joachim Neander)
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2019-01-12). Score information: A4, 1 page, 48 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and music as in the New English Hymnal, written out for SATB. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
External websites: http://www.embassysingers.de
Original text and translations
1. Come, ye faithful, raise the anthem,
cleave the skies with shouts of praise;
sing to him who found the ransom,
Ancient of eternal Days,
God of God, the Word incarnate,
whom the heaven ofheaven obeys.
2. Ere he raised the lofty mountains,
formed the seas, or built the sky,
love eternal, free, and boundless,
moved the Lord of life to die,
fore-ordained the Prince of princes
for the throne of Calvary.
3. Now on those eternal mountains
stands the sapphire throne, all bright,
with the ceaseless alleluias
which they raise, the sons of light;
Sion's people tell his praises,
victor after hard-won fight.
4. Bring your harps, and bring your incense,
sweep the string and pour the lay;
let the earth proclaim his wonders,
King of that celestial day;
he the Lamb once slain is worthy,
who was dead, and lives for ay.
5. Laud and honour to the Father,
laud and honour to the Son,
laud and honour to the Spirit,
ever Three and ever One,
One in love, and One in splendour,
while unending ages run.