Ave Maria (Méditation sur… Bach) (Charles Gounod)
- Editor: Enrique Igoa (submitted 2019-01-05). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 534 kB Copyright: CC BY ND
- Edition notes: Version for SAB choir
- Arranger: Enrique Igoa
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2016-01-08). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 350 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Scanned score from IMSLP
- Editor: Angelina Figus (submitted 2014-09-29). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 82 kB Copyright: Personal
- Arranger: Angelina Figus
- Edition notes: arranged for a female-choir (SAA)
- Contributor: David Newman (submitted 2008-07-22). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 199 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: G major
- Editor: Pierre Gouin (submitted 2008-07-22). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 142 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: G major (linked IMSLP site has early editions in E♭ and F as well)
Description: Gounod composed the soprano melody over J. S. Bach's Prelude No. 1 in C major, BWV 846. Not to be confused with another Ave Maria for SATB, composed by Gounod later in his life.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ave Maria.