O perfect Love (Harry T. Burleigh)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 15:32, 13 July 2008 by Bobnotts (commented out new entry - edition not available on external site)
- No editions available yet
Original text and translations
- O perfect Love, all human thought transcending,
- lowly we kneel in prayer before thy throne,
- that theirs may be the love which knows no ending,
- whom thou forevermore dost join in one.
- O perfect Life, be thou their full assurance,
- of tender charity and steadfast faith,
- of patient hope and quiet, brave endurance,
- with childlike trust that fears nor pain nor death.
- Grant them the joy which brightens earthly sorrow;
- grant them the peace which calms all earthly strife,
- and to life’s day the glorious unknown morrow
- that dawns upon eternal love and life.