O bone Jesu (Marco Antonio Ingegneri)
This hauntingly simple setting of O bone Jesu has often been attributed to Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina but is now generally recognized to have been the work of Ingegneri.
Edition list the work as by Ignegneri
- CPDL #2257: SmartMusicViewer .
- Editor: Abel Di Marco (added 2001-03-21). Score information: kbytes Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: must download SmartMusicViewer (www.codamusic.com) to see music, for religious purposes only
Editions listing the work as by Palestrina
- CPDL #6247: Sibelius 2.
- Editor: Brian Marble (added 2003-12-29). Score information: Letter, 1 pages, 64 kbytes Copyright: Personal
- CPDL #3849: ENCORE.
- Editor: Sestino Macaro (added 2001-01-14). Score information: kbytes Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: scores are near the bottom of the web page
- CPDL #326: Finale-1998.
- Editor: Charles Shunk (added 1999-05-07). Score information: 28 kbytes Copyright:
Title: O bone Jesu
Composer: Marco Antonio Ingegneri
Original text and translations
O bone Jesu, miserere nobis,
quia tu creasti nos,
tu redemisti nos sanguine
O good Jesus, have mercy upon us,
for thou hast created us,
thou hast redeemed us
by thy most precious blood.
Translation supplied by The St. Ann Choir, directed by William Mahrt.