Now let us see thy beauty, Lord (Samuel Sebastian Wesley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2009-12-26). Score information: A4, 1 page, 18 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Description: Arrangement by S. S. Wesley of a tune originally appearing in Sacred Harmony, Leeds c. 1720
Original text and translations
1. Now let us see thy beauty, Lord,
As we have seen before;
And by thy beauty quicken us
To love thee and adore.
2. 'Tis easy when with simple mind
Thy loveliness we see,
To consecrate ourselves afresh
To duty and to thee.
3. Our ever-feverish mood is cooled,
And gone is every load,
When we can lose the love of self,
And find the love of God.
4. 'Tis by thy loveliness we're won
To home and thee again,
And as we are thy children true
We are more truly men.
5. Lord, it is coming to ourselves
When thus we come to thee;
The bondage of thy loveliness
Is perfect liberty.
6. So now we come to ask again
What thou hast often given,
The vision of that loveliness
Which is the life of heaven.