In te Domine speravi (Josquin des Prez)
- Editor: Sebastian Meyer (submitted 2017-11-22). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 398 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: LyliPond file coding based on CPDL #22155. Changed some alterations (b instead of b flat around c major) during rehearsal phase with a renaissance wind ensemble.
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2010-11-10). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 55 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Byrt Janssen (submitted 2010-08-21). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Rupert Preston Bell (submitted 2002-04-26). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 36 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: In te Domine speravi, per trovar pietà
Composer: Josquin des Prez
Description: In te Domine speravi, per trovar pietà is a frottola found in many old manuscripts, often times attributed to "Josquin d'Ascanio", who today is believed to be des Prez' nickname during the time he was in the service of Cardinal Ascanio. Josquin also published a Latin-only contrafactum for this same work under the title In te, Domine, speravi; non confundar. It is sometimes told that the Latin-Italian version is actually a cynical reminder to the Cardinal of a retarded payment for Josquin's services (though similar stories exist about other compositions of Josquin), while the Latin-only version is a later adaptation to be used in church services.
Original text and translations
Latin and Italian text
In te Domine speravi
In Thee O Lord did I hope
In Dich, Herr, habe ich meine Hoffnung gesetzt,