Good night (Charles Hubert Hastings Parry)
Revision as of 09:39, 6 August 2008 by Johnhenryfowler (Works page for Charles Hubert Hastings Parry - English Lyrics - Set 1 - Number 2 - (1885) - "Good Night".)
- CPDL #17852: Sibelius4
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (added 2008-08-06). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 60 kbytes Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: File Sizes: PDF: 60 KB, MIDI: 7 KB, Sib4: 40 KB.
Published: Composed 1881-83 - Published 1885.
Description: English Lyrics Set 1 - No. 2. - Lyrics by Percy Bysshe Shelly - (1792-1822).
Original text and translations
- Good-night? ah! no; the hour is ill
- Which severs those it should unite;
- Let us remain together still,
- Then it will be good night.
- How can I call the lone night good,
- Though thy sweet wishes wing its flight?
- Be it not said, thought, understood --
- Then it will be -- good night.
- To hearts which near each other move
- From evening close to morning light,
- The night is good; because, my love,
- They never say good-night.