Beati quorum via, Op. 38, No. 3 (Charles Villiers Stanford)
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2013-03-31). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 102 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Rod Mather (submitted 2011-12-07). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 94 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Editor: Jim Cooke (submitted 2009-02-25). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 140 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original publication had a typo in bars 39-40 in sop 2 to which this edition offers a solution (though it was not possible to consult the ms). The rationale is thus: the dotted minim in Sop 2, bar 39 was tied to the first crotchet of bar 40 but the text underlay for 'Domini' necessitated ignoring the tie and putting a melisma on the second syllable. Based on Stanford's setting of 'Domini' where he never stresses the second syllable, the conclusion is that the tie was meant and the text underlay incorrect in bar 40.
- CPDL #00403: Encore
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 1999-05-13). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 119 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- CPDL #33080: [ ] [ ] [ Finale]
- Editor: Chris Dell (submitted 2014-10-05). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This edition was arranged for SSAATB to reduce the burden on choirs with many good altos but few men.
- Editor: Edward Tambling (submitted 2011-07-09). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 70 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed down a minor third for AATTBB
- Editor: Douglas Brooks-Davies (submitted 2004-09-29). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 236 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: arranged for SAAT & organ by the editor.
- CPDL #02027: Sibelius
- Editor: Denis Mason (submitted 2001-01-30). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 210 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Arranged for men's voices (TTB.TBB) by the editor.
Title: Beati quorum via, Op. 38, No. 3
Composer: Charles Villiers Stanford
Original text and translations
Psalm 119:1, Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 119.
Beati quorum via integra est,
qui ambulant in lege Domini.
Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
who walk in the law of the Lord.
Wohl denen, die ohne Tadel leben,
die im Gesetz des Herrn wandeln!
Beati quelli che sono integri nelle loro vie,
che camminano secondo la legge del Signore.