Ave Maria (Robert Parsons)
- Editor: Sjouke Bruining (submitted 2009-10-09). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 336 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: George Steel (submitted 2002-07-07). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 64 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: part of the Robert Parsons Project. Transposed up a minor third from the original, note values halved.
- CPDL #00334: Encore
- Editor: Rick Wheeler (submitted 1999-07-27). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 119 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a major third from the original, note values halved, and arranged for SAATBB (original is 5-parts, Mean, 2 Countertenors, Tenor, and Bass).
- Contributor: Helene Morleghem (submitted 2015-03-05). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: based on CPDL #00334.
Title: Ave Maria
Composer: Robert Parsons
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ave Maria. N.B. Parsons' setting utilises the shorter version of the text that was prevalent prior to the additional words (Sancta Maria etc./Holy Mary etc.) appended by St Petrus Canisius in the catechism instigated by the Council of Trent in 1566.
Ave Maria, gratia plena,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui.
Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.