Why do you seek by flight? (Michael East)
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2014-05-07). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 56 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-13). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 64 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #10163. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Revised files uploaded 05/04/17.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 50 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Why do you seek by flight?
Composer: Michael East
Description: Part 2 of 2 part madrigal, part 1 is 'Why runs away my love?'
Original text and translations
Why do you seek by flight me to eschew,
whom to yourself, you with your beauty drew?
If I did seek your love by subtle feigning,
then might you run away from me disdaining.