When the silence takes a voice (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-23). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 20 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Original text and translations
1. When the silence takes a voice
it may not be soft and mild:
after years of muted peace
words may thunder, fierce and wild.
2. John came like a storm from God,
and a crowd was drawn to hear
what the silence had prepared:
"Turn to God for God is near!"
3. Near us now, though senses strain,
strain to recognize the form
God may take and manifest
in the silence and the storm.
4. But our hearts search out that form,
through the advent of the years,
as we turn and turn again
and again know God is near.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.