Born: April 1492
Died: 25 February 1547
Vittoria Colonna was the marchioness of Pescara and an Italian noblewoman and poet. She developed an artistic friendship with Michelangelo Buonarroti, with whom she exchanged verse. The early death of her husband, in 1525, gave Colonna the opportunity to develop and maintain her literary contacts and become one of the most popular poets of sixteenth-century Italy.
View the Wikipedia article on Vittoria Colonna.
- L'Angel di Dio (Carlotta Ferrari)
- Anima il Signor viene (Carlotta Ferrari)
- Deh potess'io veder (Carlotta Ferrari)
- Gli angeli eletti (Giovanni Animuccia)
- Quanti son poi (Jean de Castro)
- Soave fia il morir (Carlotta Ferrari)
add web links here