Videntes stellam magi (Orlando di Lasso)
- (Posted 2018-02-09) CPDL #48746:
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2018-02-09). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 92 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1562 print. Original note-values.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2018-01-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 93 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #27771, transposed down a major 2nd, and with minor corrections to the underlay. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2012-12-10). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 89 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: transcribed from Magnum opus musicum 1604. Mensural notation, original note values and pitch, musica ficta clearly marked, clefs modernized. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: John Kelly (submitted 2012-12-04). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 574 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed down a whole tone. Revised 2013-01-11.
- Editor: John Kelly (submitted 2008-03-02). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 504 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This is based on three editions: the Haberl/Sandberger edition (1894-1927), Bernhold Schmid's revision of that edition published by Breitkopf & Härtel in 2006, and James Erb's edition of 2002 published by A-R Editions. An accidental to the left of the note was (presumably) placed there by the composer and stays in force to the end of the measure; an accidental above the note (musica ficta) represents what most likely would have been sung in di Lasso's time (following generally unwritten rules of performance for the period), and affects only the note it stands above. Revised 2013-01-11.
Title: Videntes stellam magi
Composer: Orlando di Lasso
Description: Motet for Epiphany.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Videntes stellam magi.