User talk:Abel Di Marco
"for religious purposes only"?
Thank you for your many contributions to CPDL. Can you clarify what the "for religious purposes only" indication means on the Regina Caeli score page?
- Vaarky, I'm afraid you won't get any response from this user writing to him here, because he made his contributions while CPDL was in the old system, and it seems he neved registered in the new wiki version. I understand that he meant exactly this, his editions should be used only for religious purposes, that is, he gives no authorization for a secular choir to use it in a "profane" presentation not related to a church service. —Carlos 13:38, 14 September 2008 (PDT)
- Thanks, Carlos. Sounds like the use I was thinking of is out of bounds. --Vaarky 14:18, 14 September 2008 (PDT)
- Vaarky, perhaps he didn't intend to be so restrictive as I thought. That's what he says in his site (in Spanish):
- "We present this collection of songs with the aim to help the Parishes in their musical needs.
All works may be freely printed for non-commercial use only. No edition of it (be it on paper or digital) is allowed.
The original files are protected by copyright laws."
- I have the impression that he doesn't explicitly forbids the use of his editions by choirs outside the Church. Ultimately, you'll need to write him to be sure (email is on his site). Also check this. —Carlos 15:16, 14 September 2008 (PDT)
- Thanks for the extra info too. Sounds like there's hope--sending e-mail. --Vaarky 16:07, 14 September 2008 (PDT)