Uriah Davenport was a composer of parochial psalmody (West Gallery music) and a member of the choir at Rushton Spencer chapel in the parish of Leek, Staffordshire during the eighteenth century.
View the Wikipedia article on Uriah Davenport.
List of choral works
- The man is blest that hath not lent
- O come, let us with one accord
- Sing ye with praise unto the Lord
- Why did the Gentiles tumults raise?
- Ye men on earth, in God rejoice
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- The Psalm-Singer’s Pocket Companion: 1st edition 1755; 2nd edition 1758; 3rd edition (retitled The Psalm-Singer’s Companion) 1785.