Thule, the period of cosmography (Thomas Weelkes)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-10). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 54 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-20). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 84 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Marco Gallo (submitted 2005-09-16). Score information: Letter, 14 pages, 157 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 57 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Thule, the Period of Cosmography
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Description: 2-part madrigal, 2nd part is The Andalusian merchant
Performance of Thule and The Andalusian merchant by the dwsChorale
Original text and translations
Thule, the period of cosmography,
Doth vaunt of Hecla, whose sulfurious fire
Doth melt the frozen clime and thaw the sky;
Trinacrian Aetna’s flames ascend not higher.
These things seem wondrous, yet more wondrous I,
Whose heart with fear doth freeze, with love doth fry.