Thrice blessed be the giver (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-03). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 79 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #13105, which is really SSTB rather than SATB, since both Soprano and Alto parts go up to an A above the Treble stave. This version is transposed down a major 3rd. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 03/02/19.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-11-17). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 37 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-14). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 57 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Marco Gallo (submitted 2005-05-31). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 58 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: Thrice blessed be the giver
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Published: 1598 in Canzonets to Four Voices.
Original text and translations
Thrice blessed be the giver, be the giver,
that gave sweet Love that golden quiver,
and live he long among the gods anointed,
that made the arrowheads sharp-pointed.
If either of them both had quailed,
she of my love, and I of hers, had failed.