Talk:Dido and Aeneas, Z 626 (Henry Purcell)
The followong movement is listed twice, once as mvmt 20 and then as 21. mvmt 20 or 21 is missing: Mvmt. 20, Chorus, "Witches' Duet - But ere we this perform" *NewScore.gif CPDL #11763: You may want to update it.
- The PDF file for Movements 20 and 21 are indeed distinct and not listed twice CPDL# 11763 and CPDL# 11773 - Movement 20 is the Witches' Duet, "But ere we this perform", and Movement 21 is the Chorus, "In our deep vaulted cell". I'm not sure what the problem is. ChuckGiffen 11:22, 31 January 2007 (PST)
CPDL #11860 Error report
(the list below is an excerpt from a message posted at our forums: http://forums.cpdl.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7551)
- Page 7 measure 42: harpsichord part RH should begin with E-flat and C together.
- P 17 m 149: chorus word is “monarchs”.
- P 23 m 213: harpsichord part RH should read E-G, E-A.
- P 28 m 275: soprano solo should read C.
- P 33 m 296: harpsichord part opening chord should be E-minor.
- P 34 m 304-305: harpsichord part RH tied note should be C. m 308 and 309 harpsichord part RH beat 3 of each measure should be a C major chord. m 312 and upbeat: semiquaver run should be one tone lower and finish on G.
- P 40 m 350: harpsichord part RH quavers should be one tone higher, to read C D.
- P 44 m 374: Violin 1 should read A D B.
- P 48 m 427: Harpsichord part RH first chord should be B-flat C G.
- P 56 m 484: harpsichord part RH should read E G B-natural. M 488: Basso should read C E-natural D-natural.
- P 58 m 498: harpsichord part RH should read E C G C G E.
- P 59 m 506: Violin 2 should read D-natural D-natural F-sharp.
- P 60 m 510: harpsichord part RH top note should be D.
- P 64 m 533: Basso part should read C B-flat A.
- P 67 m 570 : chorus word should be “vaulted”.
- P 70 m 589: Violin 2 and alto parts should read D E.
- P 73 m 604-605: Harpsichord LH should read D C F E / D .
- P 75 m 615: Violin 2 should read G G G A.
- P 76 m 620: harpsichord part RH should begin with D-F. m 623: Violin 2 part should read C G C C D.
- P 80 m 647: Basso should read B-flat. M 652 harpsichord LH should read C D E .
- P 81 m 659: Basso should read G.
- P 82: is this movement 24-b or 25?
- P 83 m 672: Harpsichord RH should replace E’s with D’s.
- P 89 m 729: Violin 1 should begin with E. m 734: harpsichord RH second chord should be A major.
- P 90 m 738: harpsichord Rh should be D major chord.
- P 92 m 755: Basso should begin with G.
- P 96 m 767: harpsichord LH should start with G.
- P 100 m 799: harpsichord RH should begin with a dotted quaver rest.
- P 102 m 816: harpsichord RH should read B-flat A G F E-natural.
- P 104 m 840 and 841: harpsichord RH should read B-flat A B-flat C D. m 845 harpsichord RH should read F-E D-G. m 847 harpsichord RH should read C-D-A.
- P 105 m 863 and 864: harpsichord LH rhythm should match voice and Basso rhythms. M 864-865: harpsichord RH should read F A C B-flat / A D E.
- P 107 m 875: vocal Bass part should read D E-flat F.
- P 109 m 885 and 886: harpsichord RH needs B-naturals.
- P 110 m 894 and 895: harpsichord LH rhythm should match Basso rhythm. M 896: harpsichord LH should read E-flat E-flat B-flat.
- P 111 m 901: harpsichord RH should read C-A D-F.
- P 113 m 922: harpsichord RH should end with C-sharp-E.
- P 114 m 927 and 928: Basso and harpsichord LH should read F A B-flat A / B-flat.
- P 116 m 950 and 951: harpsichord RH needs reworking. M 954: harpsichord RH should begin with B-flat.
- P 118 m 964: vocal bass should read A-flat F G G.
- P 120 m 971: violin 1 and soprano should read D B-flat G.
- P 125 m 1018: harpsichord RH lowest note should be D.
- P 131 m 1078: harpsichord RH second chord should be G minor.
Greg Johnson -- 05:00, 21 April 2016 (UTC)