Talk:Commissa mea pavesco (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
Minor differences between editions, Musica Ficta
Differences emerged from comparison with an alternative edition and between the two CPDL editions:
- Tenor, bar 45: the first note is B in #2071, while other editions show C (#12076 also shows C, if transposition is taken into account).
- Soprano, bar 49 – 50: the last note of bar 49 is not tied to the first note of bar 50 in #2071, while a tie exists in other editions, including #12076.
Possible alternative “musica ficta” realization:
- Soprano, bar 55: a sharp sign may be applied to the last note (G). In such a case, the flat sign should not be considered on the last note of tenor (B).
In edition #2071 I fixed tenor bar 45, also the tie in soprano bars 49-50. I left bar 55 unchanged, since this is what the Breitkopf und Härtel Palestrina edition suggests, and anyway, this is not binding on the performers, they may perform as they wish. Imruska (talk) 21:45, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
clicking Discuss on merge template takes on back to the subject page you were on originally, rather than a discussion page
Is the template broken? -- Vaarky 06:58, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- No, the template was improperly applied. The second parameter should have been "Talk:Commissa mea pavesco (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)" (the "Talk:" was left out). – Chucktalk Giffen♫ 12:51, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Tx. I tried entering a second parameter pointing to the Talk page, but must have done something wrong (I tried it both with and without the square brackets, but may have made a typo); the preview Talk link still took me to the main Commissa Mea article. It's a bit confusing to the user since the template still shows a blue Talk link when the argument has been left out or the argument is wrong. -- Vaarky 16:36, 7 September 2009 (UTC)