Talk:Belle qui tiens ma vie (Thoinot Arbeau)
Any particular reason why both the text/translation section and the general information section should say 'Belle qui tient ma vie'? I haven't changed it, on the assumption that it must be intentional. MandyShaw 03:25, 1 September 2007 (PDT)
- Mandy, I've just changed the spellings on the page to "tiens" for two reasons:
- It seems that the page was moved from the apparently misspelled title (see here)
- The PDFs that I checked have tiens rather than tient.
- However, my knowledge of any language but English is very poor so if I'm wrong, please correct me. --Bobnotts talk 06:23, 6 September 2007 (PDT)
- Yes, merge! Indeed, only a sharp is wanting, and there seems to be an error in the alto after the note swap with the soprano at ""ya muerto me veras". I wonder if the attribution of the harmonization to Arbeau is watertight, though (of course I'm not in favor of moving another page to Anonymous!). Antonio de Cabezón's keyboard variations on this tune have the title "La Dama le demanda", and there are versions in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book (vol II pp. 305 (Byrd!) & 311 of the Dover reprint, also here). Richard Mix 07:05, 12 April 2010 (UTC)
- Finally merged! —Carlos 00:07, 22 April 2012 (CDT)