Single chant "Dixit Dominus" (Erik Satie)
- Editor: Daniel Trott (submitted 2010-07-24). Score information: A4, 1 page, 590 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Single chant "Dixit Dominus"
Composer: Erik Satie
Description: Adaptation of Satie's Dixit Dominus, from his Messe des Pauvres. In addition to the usual rules of Anglican chant, the following is advised:
- In the first bar, the first syllable should be sung to the crotchet, and all others to the dotted minim.
- In the sixth bar, the last two notes should be treated as one, making a melisma of the last syllable sung in that bar (unless a dot in the text causes more than one syllable to fall to those crotchets).
- In the last bar, the last syllable only should be sung to the second minim.
- It should be borne in mind that Satie's original is essentially harmonized plainsong. To maintain this plainsong feel in the Anglican chant version, all notes should be approximately the same length, except for those of the final bar, which should both be more or less doubled.
Original text and translations
No underlay text available on the score.