Respice, Domine (Heinrich Isaac)
- Editor: Brian Marble (submitted 2017-08-09). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 73 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In D for SATB. Text edited to correspond to Liber Usualis; underlay adjusted. Gloria Patri adapted from Isaac's verse. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Corinne Cooze (submitted 2015-04-07). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 250 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a 4th to facilitate SATB choirs. Includes verbatim text from original.
- Editor: Corinne Cooze (submitted 2015-04-07). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 255 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This transcription is transposed up a 4th to facilitate SATB choirs.
I have edited/corrected the original text in this edition to correctly reflect the text found in the Liber Usualis so that it may be used as an actual introit, and not just as a corresponding motet. See below for text changes. This text-editing required the addition of one word, "te," and therefore required moving text at the end of the introit, just before the verse (see end of p. 3).
Title: Respice, Domine
Composer: Heinrich Isaac
Description: Introit for the 13th Sunday After Pentecost, titled "Dominica XIII post Pentecosten."
External websites: IMSLP
Original text and translations
Respice, Domine, in testamentum tuum, et animas pauperum tuorum ne derelinquas in finem:
Have regard, O Lord, to Thy covenant, and forsake not to the end the souls of Thy poor: