Regina caeli (Nicolas Gombert)
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2020-05-19). Score information: A4, 24 pages, 287 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch. Note-values halved; final longs retained.
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2020-05-18). Score information: A4, 24 pages, 295 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third. Note-values halved; final longs retained.
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2019-02-27). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 143 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: An arrangement of this surpassingly fine motet to make it singable by a minimum of nine people. Although the five male voice parts are marked in the score as being for one tenor, three baritones and one bass, the first and second baritone parts could quite easily be sung by tenors, especially low ones, hence the description of the arrangement as being for SSAATTBBB. SSAATTTBB would also be a possible description. First Alto goes up to high D, while Second Alto is relatively low in tessitura.
- Editor: Wim Looyestijn (submitted 2016-08-01). Score information: A4, 18 pages, 149 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format. Transposed whole tone up from F to G.
Title: Regina caeli
Composer: Nicolas Gombert
First published: 1535 No. 6 in Motettorum, Book 12, Pierre Attaingnant, Paris
External websites: https://imslp.org/wiki/Motettorum,_Book_12_(Attaingnant,_Pierre)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Regina caeli.
Regina coeli laetare!
Koningin van de hemel, verblijd u,