On the plains, fairy trains (Thomas Weelkes)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-08). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #12640. MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-09-18). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-19). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 50 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: On the plains, fairy trains
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
On the plains, fairy trains were atreading measures,
Satyrs play'd, fairies stay'd, at the stops set leisures.
Fa la la.
Nymphs begin to come in quickly, thick and three-fold:
Now they dance, now they prance, present there to behold.
Fa la la.