O Lord, in thy wrath (Orlando Gibbons)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-04-09). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 72 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor 3rd for SSAATB. Note values halved. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Robin Doveton (submitted 2014-12-20). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 77 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor 3rd. Voices rearranged in the first 6 bars (hence the leap of a major 6th in the bass).
- Editor: Martin Grayson (submitted 2009-09-07). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key, original note values.
Title: O Lord, in thy wrath
Composer: Orlando Gibbons
Description: This is a 6 part anthem whose only source is the "Barnard" manuscript. Edmund H. Fellowes deemed it "one of the most perfect penitential anthems in the whole range of polyphonic music."
Original text and translations
O Lord, in thy wrath rebuke me not:
O Herr, in deinem Zorn tadle mich nicht,