Magnificat Octavi Toni 'Et exultavit' (Cristóbal de Morales)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-02-10). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 80 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Musica Divina Vol. III (ed. Karl Proske, 1859). Original key and note values. An appropriate chant has been added to supply the missing verses. Set for SATB, with SAATTB for the second part of the Gloria. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Michael Wendel (submitted 2006-07-15). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 159 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Setting of even verses of the Magnificat. See composer page for links to other Magnificat settings. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Magnificat Octavi Toni 'Et exultavit'
Composer: Cristóbal de Morales
First Published: 1545.
2. Published: 1859 in Musica Divina Vol. III (Carl Proske), no. 298.
Link to publication page, with ordinal number Description: During the Renaissance, magnificats were often sung in alternatim, that is with alternating verses of plainsong and polyphony. For this reason, the 'eight' Magnificats of Morales, were published as 16 Magnificats with the understanding that plainsong chant would be used.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.