Love shooting among many (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-31). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 65 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A reformatting of #14895 which, because of the range of the alto part, is really more SSTB than SATB. This version transposed a major 3rd down. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 02/02/19.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-10). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-12). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 26 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Love shooting among many
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Published: 1598 in Canzonets to Four Voices.
Description: Part 1 of 2 part madrigal (part 2 is Love shooting at another).
Original text and translations
Love shooting among many,
by chance he hit not any
because the shaft rebounded,
and Love himself was wounded.
When Psyche saw the dart had missed her,
she smiled and said that all the gods had blessed her.