Ecce quomodo moritur justus (Jacob Handl)
- Editor: Aristotle Aure Esguerra (submitted 2018-08-02). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 207 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1587 print; lowered P4; range indicators added; note values halved.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-12-17). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Musica Divina Vol. IV (ed. Karl Proske, 1863). Original key and note values. Revised files uploaded 24/10/17. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2004-07-03). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 92 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: in order of composer birthdate: scroll to sv138, Jacobus Gallus, 1550. Transposed down a minor 3rd.
- Editor: Abel Di Marco (submitted 2002-09-07). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 17.85 MB Copyright: Religious
- Edition notes: alphabetized by title. Transposed down a minor 2nd. Note values halved.
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 1999-06-16). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 57 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed down a major 2nd. Note values halved. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Ecce quomodo moritur justus
Composer: Jacob Handl
Source of text: Isaiah 57, 1-2 (parts)
Description: 6th of the responsories for Holy Saturday.
In Bach's Leipzig this motet was sung at Good Friday vespers, following the Passion and before the final collect & benediction. It is quoted in movement 9 of Handel's Funeral Anthem for Queen Caroline, HWV 264.
External websites: ed. with original clefs at IMSLP
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ecce quomodo moritur.