This is an hymn by Isaac Watts, from Hymns and Spiritual Songs, 1707, Hymn 27 of Book 1. Meter is 86. 86 (C.M.).
Settings by composers
Text and translations
1. Death may dissolve my body now,
And bear my spirit home;
Why do my minutes move so slow,
Nor my salvation come?
2. With heavenly weapons I have fought
The battles of the Lord;
Finished my course, and kept the faith,
And wait the sure reward.
3. God has laid up in heaven for me
A crown which cannot fade;
The righteous Judge at that great day
Shall place it on my head.
4. Nor hath the King of grace decreed
This prize for me alone;
But all that love and long to see
The appearance of his Son.
5. Jesus the Lord shall guard me safe
From every ill design;
And to his heavenly kingdom keep
This feeble soul of mine.
6. God is my everlasting aid,
And hell shall rage in vain;
To him be highest glory paid
And endless praise. Amen.
add links here