Herr, wie du willt, so schick's mit mir, BWV 73 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
(Redirected from Das ist des Vaters Wille (Johann Sebastian Bach))Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2017-01-28). Score information: A4, 18 pages, 1.07 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Bernhard Todt's piano-vocal score
5. Chorale: Das ist des Vaters Wille
- Editor: Niels Brandt (submitted 2015-04-01). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 76 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Bach in January 1724 wrote the cantata "Herr, wie du willt, so schick's mit mir" (BWV 73), of which this chorale is the fifth and final movement. This edition is based on Bach-Gesellschaft Ausgabe, Band 18, Breitkopf & Härtel, Leipzig, 1870 (Wilhelm Rust). The old clefs of the SAT voices have been changed to modern clefs. All fermatas except on the last note have been removed, to avoid misconceptions. For composers of the Baroque, fermatas simply indicate the end of a phrase, and the corresponding notes should not necessarily be prolonged. This pdf file contains both the full score and the 5 individual parts.
- MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
Description: first performed 23 January 1724
Original text and translations
Visit the external website(s) listed above for the original text and/or translations.